The primary goal of RARE Pearls’ “Be Your Best” Girls’ Conference is to provide an inspiring, educational forum for high school girls that equips them with information and resources that promote personal and educational development. Conference components include: motivational speakers; entertainment; prize drawings; a fashion show; an essay contest with prizes, including a college scholarship; and a career fair.
The 2016 “Be Your Best” Girls’ Conference was held at Ross S. Sterling High School. Over 500 girls were in attendance for an awesome time of education, inspiration, and fun.
- The interactive and dynamic sessions and activities were designed to:
- Inspire girls to pursue excellence in every area of their lives
- Enhance their self-images, thereby instilling respect for self and others
- Ignite hope, dreams and visions for their futures
- Expose them to a world of possibilities beyond their everyday experiences
- Increase girls’ awareness of and interest in various careers and fields of study by providing exposure and incentives
Here is what some of the girls had to say about the conference and a few photos from the event…
I had an amazing time at the girls’ conference. I enjoyed the overall experience and the valuable information given to us by the guest speakers.
I have to say that it was more than an honor to be in the presence of so many successful women who had so many words of inspiration and wisdom to share.
The girls’ conference inspired me and taught me that I can succeed at anything I put my mind to do. I really liked the fact that the speakers were honest about their past experiences.
I absolutely loved the fashion show! It showed us that we can dress in appropriate attire without showing a lot of skin and still look beautiful and feel confident. I strongly recommend that the ladies do it for us every year.